So Many Features You Won’t Know What to Do With Them!
As a self confessed cooking addict, I spend a lot of time researching various cooktops, ranges and a whole host of other “tools” that will help me create the perfect dish every time I take to the kitchen. It’s actually a good thing that I like to cook because I have a large family who all have Italian appetites, so my food never goes to waste (even if I do say so myself).
I decided to bring this little creation you see before you to the internet because although I do a lot of research, I don’t have the spare cash to constantly update the all important appliance in my kitchen – the range! What’s the point in me knowing all these if I can’t tell anyone else about them? There isn’t is the answer.
So, for this review you’re going to hear all about the Electrolux EW30IS65J 30″ Built-In Range which uses induction technology.
Now, you may have noticed the title to this review, and believe me when I say the number of features you get with this range would probably take me a lifetime to explain. That said I’m going to do my best.
In my humble opinion, I don’t think there is a better looking range on the market. This range is sleek, has neat lines and comes in stainless steel surrounds with a black glass ceramic cooktop. The door handles use the Soft-Arc signature design from Electrolux and the interior is in their signature Cobalt Blue which looks really “cool” when the fading interior light comes on.
Unlike many other ranges on the market, when you open the doors on this one, they will stay put whatever angle you leave them (no more bashed legs). Inside, the racks use a ball bearing system which means they don’t make contact with the inside of the oven, and glide in and out smoothly.
This is where it gets really exciting, and I apologize if you only get the briefest of descriptions but this is a review and not a manual.
- Induction heating with the cooktop, which means no more wasted energy, no more burning your hands on other areas of the hob, and a far more responsive cook top in terms of heat.
- You have the benefit of sensors that detect induction safe cookware, and it will only heat the area that’s needed.
- There is no need to buy cookware made specifically by this manufacturer. As long as a magnet sticks to the bottom of your pan, it will work.
- You get an impressive 3400 watts of power from the 10” burner, and this can bring a quart of water to the boil in as little as 90 seconds!
- Patented Wave-Touch controls which are easy to use. When you switch the range on, you will be offered what seems like an endless list of options. Once you’ve selected what you need, everything else fades away so there is no confusion.
- With the exceptional temperature control on this range, you won’t have an issue with melting chocolate or heating other delicate liquids like sauce or soup.
- This range features two ovens. The main oven is situated directly beneath the cooktop, and the secondary one beneath that. Both can be set at different temperatures giving you maximum versatility with everything you want to cook.
And there’s more!
One of the best additional features with this range is the Perfect Turkey Button. Personally, I have never seen this option on any other range. You get a special turkey probe which has to be inserted into the bird prior to popping it in the oven. The other end of the probe connects inside the main oven. All you do after that is select “the perfect turkey” button from your control panel. There is no need to preheat, and your oven will do the rest for you. Just think about how much time and stress this will take out of Thanksgiving Dinner!
Aside from all of the above, you have the option to save your favourite settings so they can be retrieved with the touch of a button. You can choose from any amount of cooking modes, and this range has convection conversion which will help give perfect results every time. The manufacturer has designed this range so it’s easy to clean, looks great in your kitchen and will make cooking an absolute joy.
A Quick Word of Warning
Given all the information above you can expect to pay more for this range than many other models, but you do get a lot for your money. What I will say is you should DEFINITELY take out the extended warranty on offer. The reason for this is there is a lot of technology behind this range, so things can go wrong.
If you’re looking for a range that has up to the minute convection and induction technology with so many features, it will take you months to get through them all this model is the answer. Surprisingly you don’t have to go direct to Electrolux to buy one. They’re readily available at Amazon and there are some great discounts.